The Curriculum at Chatham Grammar School for Girls
Below is a list of compulsory and optional subjects that students have the opportunity to study.
• All students study French, German and Spanish in Year 7 before choosing to continue with two languages in Years 8 and 9.
• All students are required to study at least one language at GCSE level.
• All students in Years 7 and 8 study Latin.
• Students in Years 7 and 8 enjoy a carousel of Art, Drama, Music and Textiles.
• All students in Year 7 and 8 study Geography and History before continuing with at least one of these subjects at GCSE level.
• The majority of students achieve at least 10 GCSE subjects.
Compulsory GCSE Subjects
• English - Language and Literature (2 GCSEs)
• Mathematics - Mathematics and Statistics (2 GCSEs)
• Science - Core and Additional Science (2 GCSEs) or Biology, Chemistry and Physics (3 GCSEs)
• Modern Foreign Language - French, German or Spanish
• Geography or History
• Religious Studies
Please click here to view our curriculum diagram for a comprehensive overiew of what our students study at Chatham Grammar School for Girls.
UKAT Sixth Form
Please click here to view our new UKAT Sixth Form prospectus for 2018/2019
Some of the examination subjects below are offered at A level with the following subjects also available:
• Art and Design: Art, Craft and Design
• Art and Design: Photography
• Classical Civilisation
• Media Studies
• BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Health and Social Care
• Government and Politics
• BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport