The Curriculum at Chatham Grammar School for Girls ...
Below is a list of compulsory and optional subjects that students have the opportunity to study.
- All students study French, German and Spanish in Year 7 before choosing to continue with two languages in Years 8 and 9.
- All students are required to study at least one language at GCSE level.
- All students in Years 7 to 9 study Latin
- (All students experience a range of Design and Technology (Food, Graphics, Resistant Materials, Textiles) subjects in Yrs 7 to 9 with the option to study any of these at G.C.S.E.
- All students in Year 7 to 9 study Geography and History before continuing with at least one of these subjects at G.C.S.E Level.
- The majority of students achieve between 10 and 12 GCSE subjects with a small number achieving 13.
Compulsory GCSE Subjects: ...
English - Language and Literature (2 GCSEs)
Mathematics - Mathematics and Statistics (2 GCSEs)
- Science - Core and Additional Science (2 GCSEs) or Biology, Chemistry and Physics (3 GCSEs)
- Modern Foreign Language - French, German or Spanish
- Geography or History
- Information & Communication Technology
- Religious Studies
Years 12 and 13...
Some of the examination subjects above are offered at A Level with the following subjects also available:
- Art and Design: Art, craft and Design
- Art and Design: Photography
- Classical Civilisation
- Film Studies
- Further Mathematics
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Health and Social Care
- Government and Politics
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport